You’re stuck at home, you’re missing social interaction, you’re not sure if you’re allowed to (or it’s even sensible to) pop out to your favourite Latte spot and you’re starting to get restless! How are you going to stay productive whilst feeling trapped at home, the kids are screaming and the dog is barking. You’re literally climbing the walls!
OUR TOP TIPS
- Get dressed – do not be tempted to wear your pjs to work. It will put you in the wrong mindset for work. No need to go the whole hog and wear a suit, but find a comfortable medium that makes you feel comfortable at your new working spot, but also makes you feel professional and motivated.
- Be strict with yourself (and family/friends) about your working hours.
- Prep lunch for yourself ahead of time if possible and eat something healthy – no more Pret sandwiches
- Use video and/or speaker phone wherever possible to discuss team actions and help you feel connected to your office-base
- Keep some time for you – your commute may now be much shorter and the temptation to work extra hours will be huge, but you can’t support your business or your friends and families unless you’re healthy! Make time to exercise, rest and relax as much as possible.
- Moderate your social media time – right now there are distractions everywhere but spending time on social media and news sites whilst you’re meant to be working is going to eat into the time you’re protecting for the rest of your life. Stay as focused as you can so you’re not adding performance anxiety to the mix.